Welcome to Hutt Mana Charitable Trust Funding Application
The Hutt Mana Charitable Trust is helping build strong and vibrant communities by providing funding for schools, community groups and individuals in the Hutt Mana Region. One of the ways we do this is through our twice-yearly grants to help community groups and organisations with their projects.
If you are applying for the first time, please read the FAQs
Applicant Walkthrough Guides
Please click here to view the ‘How to Apply Guide’
Please click here to view the ‘Applicant Dashboard Guide’
Who can apply?
We will consider applications for grants for a wide range of charitable purposes within the communities of the Hutt Mana Charitable Trust's district. These purposes cover any charitable, philanthropic, amateur sport, cultural or other purpose that is beneficial to the community or any section of it.
They shall include, but not be limited to, grants for:
- Facilities, equipment and/or playing uniforms for sporting clubs playing in recognised, published leagues or competitions.
- Charitable purposes, including the relief of poverty or welfare assistance through donations to recognised social service or welfare agencies.
- Youth focused organisations or training organisations for equipment or scholarships that are administered by the recipient organisations.
- Recognised cultural, health, environmental, recreational or philanthropic activities or groups within the local community.
- Sporting events' or tournaments' travel and accommodation costs.
What are the criteria?
To be eligible you need to be a non-profit organisation that is active within the Hutt Mana district in the areas of recreation, health, welfare, environment, youth, arts and culture or amateur sport.
What sorts of purpose will be considered for funding?
The trust funds what is referred to as "Authorised Purposes", being purposes that benefit the communities within the Hutt Mana district in accord with the Trust's objectives/policies.
Examples of items that will be considered for funding:
- Local environmental improvement or enhancement projects.
- Resources and equipment for youth development and recreational projects.
- Training for community organisations to up-skill volunteers.
- Projects involving the merger or rationalisation of two or more community or recreational organisations.
This is by no means a definitive list. The Trust will evaluate all applications and inform applicants if the criteria are not met. Please read the terms and conditions for a list of purposes that will not be considered for funding.
Sporting events or tournaments
Applications can be made for travel and accommodation costs (not to include any food or alcohol costs) provided an 'official' itinerary endorsed by the host body is supplied along with an itemised breakdown of the quoted costs.
We have 2 rounds of grants funding per year
These commence on:
- September 1st until the last Friday of the month.
- March 1st until the last Friday of the month.
Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered until the next round of funding is open.
Let's get started
Click on the Hutt Mana Charitable Trust button and commence your application.